Thursday, March 29, 2007

May's Sock

Here is May's sock in progress, VERY different from April's. This pattern from the book Favorite Socks is titled "two yarn resoleable sock." It's a utilitarian sock, not feminine or pretty, but unique construction, and practical. I chose colors with great contrast so it is easier to see the way it is put together.
My trouble with this sock is the same trouble I have with anything I knit that I expect to fit well..........GAUGE..... look at those tiny needles! I knit so loosely,,,the pattern recommends size 4 needles,,,,,, I am knitting on 0's, yes, ZERO'S to get gauge! And this is worsted weight yarn. I am on the home stretch, the instep is knit, the heel flap is done, heel turned, and gusset finished. Just the sole and the toe now.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

It looks beautiful but size zero?!?
Wow you really do knit loose!
Lynda