Thursday, March 22, 2007

Too bad I don't type

Lauren is my daughter who works in a Medical Office and types everyday both in Spanish and English.... I can barely type in English.



My typing consits of two fingers, searching for the correct keys and backspace, backspace, backspace when I make a mistake. It takes me much longer to type my blog then to actually compose it.



In high school, when most of the other girls were taking typing and secretarial courses, I was in the agriculture classes (with the boys). IN 1975 I was the first female chapter president of the Future Farmers of America (FFA) Am I farming now???? Heck no, I married a "city" boy and now I run a yarn shop. I do regret not taking typing classes, but in 1975 who knew that PC's would be as important as they are today. The things that I learned in agriculture classes are still with me and the leadership skills that the FFA taught me have been important throughout my life.



So I can't type...... but I know what kind of corn to plant and how to milk cows. My fingers are destined to knit...and are too old to learn to type...oh well.



Thanks to Lauren, for typing these paragraphs about typing. Her fingers don't knit at all, but they sure fly across the keyboard!





The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog....

No comments: