Thursday, March 8, 2007

Knitting News






Spring must be just around the corner, the new issue of Knitty is up and ready!


For those of you who are unaware, Knitty is a online knitting magazine, complete with articles to read, ads, and lots of free patterns. This issue looks like a goodie. Spring and summer knitttng mags are always a little bit disappointing to me. I knit winterwear year round, this being Wisconsin and all. I don't especially like knitting with cotton, but this issue of Knitty has my kind of projects,, not necessarily summerwear, just small knitted items so the knitter does not have the warmth of a huge sweater on her lap in mid July.







A new book is out, by Interweave Press, Favorite Socks. I ordered just one copy to check out, and this is a great book! More copies are on the way.
A wide variety of sock patterns are offered and almost every one teaches a new technique or method. I love it!
Look for a new "sock group" of classes at Loose Ends, based on this book. Kind of a "sock of the month" thing.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

OOH Count Me In!!! I love the portablity of socks and would love to get some new techniques under the belt!
Lynda