Monday, March 26, 2007

BIG BUCKS

The temperature right now is 73 degrees! This is MARCH! In Wisconsin! So, what am I doing on this beautiful day? I spent the morning in my basement, making a Santa.? It's my own fault, I procrastinated about this particular Santa for weeks,,, and tomorrow is the dead line. But who knew about this lovely weather,,,, It's hard to think about Santa, Christmas and all that stuff when spring is popping out all over.

Tomorrow night is Main Street Mayville's annual "BIG BUCKS" dinner. In the past, I served on the Main Street Board of directors, and I know the Big Bucks dinner is an extremely important event, in that it is a fund raising party that provides a majority of the money for the organizations budget. It is fun, a dinner, drinks, raffles, an auction. Last year, we played a game similar to "DEAL OR NO DEAL", and I won over a hundred dollars!!!


One of my Tootzle Claus Santas is always included in the auction. Here is this years boy..........fresh from my workshop in the basement. (Look how green the grass is.........THIS IS MARCH)


He will be sold in the auction tomorrow night, but if you are interested, and can not come to the dinner, I am sure you could put in your own bid through Lisa at the Main Street Mayville office, 387-1167. Bid high, Main Street is a great organization, non-profit and can really use the money.

No comments: