Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Burns, burns, burns

One of my absolute, best, all time, favorite, songs is "Ring of Fire", by Johnny Cash. Some of you have heard me sing this song, mostly while under the influence . (One beer will do it!)
I fell into a burning ring of fire
I went down, down, down
And the flames went higher
And it burns, burns, burns
The ring of fire
The ring of fire




Well, tonight I am singing, burn burn, burn for a different reason. It must be the equinox.........or is it solstice? I want to light a fire.! Dave chopped up a bunch of garden debris today, I seriously thought about dumping it all in the bird bath and setting fire to it! Then, while cleaning, I found a bunch of fabric scraps, and fought back the desire to burn them.



When I was a kid, we would burn the asparagus patch in spring, and as an adult I would always burn the fenceline in my backyard, to clear away tall grass,,,,,,,,, Then the city annexed the back for the Tag center,, now it's against the law to have an open fire in the yard. I know ( in my brain) that spring and Easter are associated with "new fire", and Druids have ceremonies with fire to mark the solstices,,,,,,, but this is much more visceral than that...What's up with me?



I lit a some candles, and cleaned out the sewing room instead. And finished the sock.
Don't worry, the pyromaniac urge has passed.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh my gosh! Butning papers used to be my job as a kid. I love to burn and it is good for the garden to burn stuff. Those ashes are good for the soil.
Oh and I remember a rendition of Ring of Fire by you-it's burned on my memory 8:)
Lynda

Anonymous said...

mom check out your sexy ankle!!! work it!!!haaaaaaaa