Thursday, April 5, 2007

A little fantasy, anyone?

First, I read this
Then, this
Then, this

All fantasy fiction, for young (smirk) readers,,,,,,,,,,,, all the same author. Terry Pratchett. Great light, entertaining reading, an added bonus is that Wee Free Men and A Hat Full of Sky have a shepherdess/cheesemaker as the main character.
Crivens! These are good stories!
"Crivens" is an exclamation used frequently in the books by tiny blue men who steal anything and drink lots, but are brave and heroic.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

And don't forget "pished" which I am told means very tired...
I just looked on Wikipedia and the Wee Free are based on a painting by Richard Dadd called Fairy Feller's Master Stroke!
I'll post a copy of the picture on my blog-no copyright infringement-it is in the public domain!
http://string-alongs.blogspot.com/index.html

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.