Friday, April 27, 2007

Garage Sale Goodies





Is it a fishing bobber? A toy? What is it?



.

.

..







Clues:



1.I got it at a garage sale today


2. I have some of these things already, but none like this one


3. I NEVER actually use them for what they are made for


4. I think this one is bakelite
5. It is NOT "adult oriented", if you know what I mean


.

Any guesses???? If no one guesses correctly before Monday, I will post the answer and the entire photo then.












Another goodie from a rummage sale today, a dish/basket thing that appears to have been carved from a shell...........It has a beautiful mother -of -pearl glow.......only a dollar!


Here is another look at it with some beads.





I am still trying to grasp the news of our friend's death, I kept busy with some knitting, but concentrating on anything is difficult. Here is my work for the Favorite Socks Club, this is June's Sock in progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

a darning egg??MB

Anonymous said...

I think the container with the buttons is from Bali originally...I have lots of shells like that surrounding my bath from my friend jacoba when she went there...MB

Lotzastitches said...

What it reminds me of is a bowling game we had as kids (I still have it). It was one bowling pin, red and white like your picture shows. When you opened the pin it contained 10 dice with bowling pins (or blanks, or O) printed on the six sides. Plus score cards that look like the old fashion bowling score sheets...only smaller to fit into the plastic pin.

But then one of your clues said bakelite so I know it can't be this bowling game....but that's what it reminded be of on the first glance.

Anonymous said...

I didn't beat MB, but my guess is a darning egg too!
t