Thursday, April 5, 2007

TROUBLE and SCRUMBLE

I have not been knitting much,,,,,,,, trouble
(WITH A CAPITAL t AND THAT RHYMES WITH p AND STANDS FOR POOL)

with my wrist. ( Sorry for the cheesy reference, but it is my favorite movie) Actually P stands for pain, in my wrist, so I have been doing very little knitting, but I can crochet! So I have been scrumbling. I love free form work.........These are a few scrumbles I have done lately, I don't know what they will become yet, probably a bag. In the process, I lost my favorite crochet hook. , After frantic searching both the shop and home, I found it behind a chair at home,,,,,,,,I am almost sure it was NICK who put it there! This hook is a gem, a Grafton Fibers creation. I just love it! I use it for all my scrumbling, no matter the thickness of the yarn, or stitch.

The sock of the month group at the shop has begun stitching. We met Tuesday evening,....... and tonight, Thursday, just 48 hours later, the ladies have made remarkable progress! WOW!

Here is a close pic of some of the socks. The pattern is Meida's Sock from Favorite Socks.

And here is a lovely sock made by Mary Kay on her radioactive leg! :) Just kidding, she has stopped glowing already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear your hand isn't good...hope you are back to normal soon.
It's cool here in Japan, but the cherry blossoms are coming out and thoughts are turned to spring...MB

Fiber Princess said...

I was totally impressed with how quickly you posted the pictures of our socks in progress. By the time I got home from Thursday Night Knit Night, the pics were posted. I am looking forward to the next sock, because this one is giving me hand cramps (DK weight yarn + sz 1 needles + cables). My malady is arthritis, but I feel your pain anyway. Hope it improves soon--can't imagine being unable to knit.