Sunday, February 25, 2007

Work in progress

Sometimes my lack of memory astounds me! I can recall the smallest insignificant details about an event or place, but completely space out on more important things.
Today I started a project that needed metal grommets, or eyelets. The little package of grommets came with a tool for installing them and directions that suggested using a hammer.. I merrily began installing the little buggers. Twenty minutes later I was no longer so merry, having pounded my fingers several times. I thought, "There must be a better way." "Someone should invent a tool to make this happen easier." Almost immediately after this thought , I remembered that someone had invented such a tool, and I own one!

I went down into the dreaded basement and found not one, but TWO of these tools! Many years ago, I used the pliers-like tool to install snaps in my babie's clothing. The eyelets were easy after that!

Anyone want to guess what I am making? A clue,,,,,,,,,, Not all the materials are in these photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A styling shirt for Emili??MB

Lynda said...

Is it a corset-type garment. You know like a bustiere (sp).
You know I just noticed that you have a number of posts that are "Part 2 or PartII" but no "Part 1." Where are the "Part 1"s?
Just Curious....