Friday, February 23, 2007

My old Car

I love my car! Its a 1994 Olds. She runs great and she is getting old, just like me. We don't go far, she's not in style anymore. But low mileage is a plus, and she's great on gas.



Her sentimental value is immeasurable. Dave bought me this car when we became engaged. For years, I had been driving a car held together with hope and duct tape. I was single for a long time and it was a struggle to keep things going with three kids and a house and all the responsibilities that come along. My parents were a great support, but I hated to keep calling my Dad for repairs and to pick me up when I was stranded on the side of the road. ( that happened more than once)

When Dave gave me this car, it was not just the vehicle. He was saying, "I am here for you. You don't have to do this alone anymore." He has been there for me ever since.



This car has served me well and I will keep driving her until she doesn't run anymore.

She got a new embellishment this week.

The bumper sticker is a gift from my daughter Lauren. Lauren is Emili's Mom. When she sees this photo she will be a little mad, but it is the only recent one I have.

Lauren thinks her eyelashes are too straight!! She curls them every day. Oh, what we do for beauty. And she is a beauty!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just heard from Lauren myself...that is a typical photo of her. I remember how Nanna was fascinated by her eyelash curling when Lauren was here in Japan.
MB

Anonymous said...

Just heard from Lauren myself...that is a typical photo of her. I remember how Nanna was fascinated by her eyelash curling when Lauren was here in Japan.
MB

Lynda said...

She is a beautiful girl and I prefer it when beautiful women don't know that about themselves!
Lynda

Anonymous said...

MOM-- U R SO DEAD!!! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW U TOOK THIS PICTURE...CLASSIC ME!!! LOVE,LAUREN