Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine Treats

People are SO KIND to me. I often wonder if I am deserving of all my good friends.

Today my friend Cheryl brought me a some valentine goodies, not the edible kind, better than that! A lovely smelling bar of homemade soap, made in Fox Lake. And the cutest little chalkware sheep! Cheryl is so thoughtful.


Years ago, before Loose Ends, Dave and I were avid rummagers. (We still are, when time permits.) After a few seasons of rummage sales, we knew which sales were the good ones and not to be missed. One of these sales was out of town, near the marsh. I always enjoyed this sale, for a couple of reasons. First of all, was the good stuff for sale at reasonable prices. The items were always artfully displayed in the garage and driveway, not just dumped on tables. The view of the marsh, and the flowers that lined the driveway were an added bonus! Just being who I am, I never introduced myself to the family, but I secretly thought "these are my kind of people". I really don't remember our actual introduction, but now those "artful garage sale people" are my friends! I suppose you must have figured out by now that it was Cheryl and her family. Cheryl is a kind, gentle woman and I am so happy to count her among my friends. Thanks, you made my day!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I don't suppose any of us really deserves the great things that happen to us-especially if you believe the tennants of christianity. We deserve to be ignored but why do we have such wonderful friends? Then I think you move into karma and the good you have done to strangers comes back to you-you are such a kind and aware person...

Anonymous said...

You DO deserve all good that comes to you.....I'm smelling that soap over here.
It's the little things that matter, isn't it? I bought a bar of handmade soap in cairns that gives me smiles every day when I wash my hands...
MB