Thursday, May 24, 2007

Undiscovered Virtues

The only flowers in my yard blooming that are not purple

Miniature lilacs, they smell very sweet.

Grape soda iris siberian iris






Allium and peony bud

Can you identify this flower for me?

Bachelor buttons Chive blossoms

Weed
What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
.
..
..
.
All people are like weeds, we are here on earth to seek out the undiscovered virtues in ourselves and those around us.
-ME



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lOVE YOUR QUOTE...you will have to help me out with my flowers next year, yours are so beautiful..MB

Anonymous said...

The flower that you want identified is a Bachelor Button known as Mountain Bluet (Centaurea Montana) I also have them.

Fluoride

Anonymous said...

OK - I have the same flower in one of my beds and I had to ask Ms. DNR what it was too.... she thought it was Jacob's Ladder. But since Floride is quoting latin names, I would beleive her.

Caryl