Monday, August 4, 2008

Evolution from a skirt

A good idea for a blog post, but the idea came to me just a few minutes too late. I wish I had snapped a photo of the skirt before I ripped it apart.



My friend Delores gave me a skirt that she no longer wore. A lovely, high quality wool skirt with lots of pleats. From a recycling point of view, pleats are good, very good. Pleats mean lots of usable yardage. This skirt had the nice kind of pleats, not stitched down. I took out the zipper and removed the waistband, and this is what I had.







Then I washed the skirt along with my regular load of white laundry.

Before WashingAfter Washing




Then I cut it up


Inspired by the Pojagi Class that I recently attended, I sewed it back together, just randomly.

Then it became a bag with a zipper and a pocket and a strap. No lining. No need.





Far from traditional pojagi, this wool bag was a fun "second generation" project.

Thanks for the term "second generation" , Cinie!

2 comments:

Lotzastitches said...

Oooh! Love it!

Anonymous said...

that is a really cool bag mom.