Friday, August 29, 2008

eh--da---ma---who?

Our CSA box for this week included edamame. Technically, it was not IN the box, the vines are much too big.Here is a photo of the vines , after I removed the pods. Soybeans. My foot is in the photo for scale. I am in need of a pedicure and I don't know what the heck that lump on the side of my ankle is, but it has been there for years, so don't ask me.

Boiled in a little salt water, here they are.

The fuzzy pods are not eaten, but the "beans' inside are really good! Tasty, and good for you. Another first from the CSA.

Besides edamame, this weeks box included:

Zucchini, summer squash, onion, garlic, cute little watermelons, bok choy, orange and purple carrots, lots of all kinds of tomatoes, green bell peppers, and sweet corn. And lots of basil.

I am so glad we joined the CSA , beside the health benefits and the good tasting food, it has sparked an interest in me for making meals.

No comments: