Monday, August 18, 2008

Book

I just finished reading

The Lace Reader,

by Brunonia BarrySet in Salem, Massachusetts, it's a story about a family whose 'gift" is the ability to read lace, that is - to see the future and the past in lace.
It was a good read. The lace and spinning facets are what captured me. Bobbin lace, not knitted lace. Interesting.
I have read a few reviews of the book including one in yesterday's Milwaukee Journal / Sentinel. The reviewer says, "But Barry has cleverly and delightfully set us up. With one fell swoop, she cuts the last thread, and the characters she has so carefully created unravel to reveal secrets we had not even begun to guess."
I don't want to be a spoiler, but I will say the plot twist she refers to is one that I saw coming. Most surprise endings are a surprise to me.... not this one.
I would recommend this book, unfortunately I can not loan it to you...I read it on the Kindle.....That is a big negative of the Kindle, not being able to share books.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I have it coming from the library very soon I hope. Although, if it is being reviewed in the Milwaukee Journal there will be a bigger demand I suppose!