Thursday, August 7, 2008

In our own backyard!

Last evening a group of knitters went on a boat trip. One of our regular group happens to own Blue Heron Landing, along with her husband. The Horicon Marsh is in our backyard, but some of us had never seen it before, except from the road.
I encourage anyone reading this to explore your own backyard, and then come and explore ours.

I meant to take photos, really I did, but I was much too busy enjoying the flora and fauna, so, ....please imagine birds of all sorts, muskrats, cattails, even a mink! A live mink....... not a coat. Here are a few knitters, sisters Francine and Charlene, and young Chloe.And what was Betty doing on the boat? Untangling yarn, of course!

1 comment:

Lotzastitches said...

Sounds like a great time!

I've never done the sunset tour. I bet you see a lot more wildlife than during the day.