Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A Retrospective

This *&^%% "hand in a cast" thing is getting old.............. the CAPS LOCK key KEEPS GETTING in my way acCIDentally....,,,,,,,.

I am not knitting, crocheting, or doing anything fiber or even craft related. Unproductive is how I feel... so......... I decided to take a look at some of my old projects to help me get my creativity back...
Calling this"a retrospective" makes it sound very artsy, and artsy is what I am missing,,, so for the next few days, I will be featuring a retrospective of some of my stuff.
LA dE DA !!!





A number of years ago, I made some projects using broken bits of pottery and dishes. Primitive, but pretty. The first is a flower pot, using a clay flower pot as a base.



The second piece is familiar to anyone who has used my bathroom,,,,,,,,,,,(a very elite group) it is a trash can,,, uh um.......waste receptacle.

The shards cover a metal base. Much lighter to handle than the flower pot.























While I enjoyed making these, I do not think I would ever do it again, too putzy... and messy and well, just not my cup of tea....


More tomorrow........... I bet you just can't wait, RIGHT???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please add the appox creation dates of this look into your artistic past!

t

Unknown said...

Oh...........this project was in the late 90's... maybe around 97, I think.
Michele