Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Killing time

There is this old (1989) country song by Clint Black with the line "this killing time is killing me"


Kinda describes my days lately. Just killing time,,,,, waiting to heal. There are only so many things I can do with one hand,,,,


Today I decided to kill time by sorting my stash of new, old, vintage, crummy, good knitting needles. Circulars went in a large basket, DPNS went in a small basket and straights were put in crocks. This task took me all day! Remember,,, one handed!

Crochet hooks were put in this nifty container.







I purchased this container at an antique show a few years back. It probably was a shop display for steel crochet hooks. It came with about 20 hooks, all very tiny and all very rusty. There is even a nifty little covered box on the back!Now it holds an assortment of books, wood, plastic, metal and bamboo. I can't believe that it took me 2 years to get my hooks into this nice piece.




I am sure that once I start looking around the house I will find more hooks and needles , in projects (under sofas)... and other places that I don't expect to find them.


I also came up with an entire basket full of knitting notions, stitch holders, markers, rulers, etc... I can't believe that I have so many of the old fashioned safety pin type holders, I usually just use a piece of string.




In sorting through my circular needles, I found a lot of metal circs that I know that I will never use again. I am keeping the 12 inch ones and taking the rest to the shop to use when I am doing demos, or when people need needles to practice on.


It will be interesting to see how long this new found tidiness will last. I hope I am healed before I get sloppy again. We will see.......

No comments: