Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Retrospective, Day 2



A wall quilt, machine pieced, hand quilted. I remember quilting this while on a weekend trip with husband number 1,,,,,,,, no,,no,no,,,I mean to say my first husband. He was by no means a #1 husband.
I digress,,,, this small quilt was made,,,,,,,,circa 1982.......wow, that's 25 years ago!! Quilting has changed a lot since then,,,, I marked out individual templates, and cut them with a scissors....... now, in this century, it's all rotary cutters, and stacking and whacking fabrics, and strips and all kinds of other stuff I don't know how to do.


The fabrics look dated, typical 1980's....I had a Jessia Mcclintock, Gunne Sax, dress made from the burgundy fabric.... I made that dress in 1980...........wore it to a wedding. Aforementioned husband was best man at this wedding,,,,,hmmm, I seem to remember going home alone with our twin babies,, and he came home late the next day......AND I DID NOT DIVORCE HIM UNTIL 1987!!!!! What was I thinking?
I digress, again........ I still like this little quilt.


This is truly retrospective for me, in more ways than one!


No comments: