Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Too many loose ends


Absence makes the heart grow fonder? I have been missing in blogland for a while. Four days away with out internet access is forgivable,,,,,,,but I have been home with full access for more than a day! Full access, but time.........ah....... that is another issue...




Four fun-filled days in the northwoods. Just my husband and granddaughter and me.... the woods are dry,,, dry,, dry. No campfires allowed. Smokey says so.





Gramps and I did learn a new campfire song, despite the lack of a fire.... Emili learned it at daycare, taught it to us, and we sang it and laughed all four days....






Sing along, everyone together now,......... to the tune of
"Battle Hymn of the Republic"







I wear my pink pajamas, in the summer when it's hot.






I wear my pink pajamas in the winter when it's not.






And sometimes in the springtime and sometimes in the fall,






I slip between the sheets with nothing on at all!







Chorus:Glory, glory, Hallelujah;






Glory, glory, What's it to you?





Glory, glory, Hallelujah, With nothing on at all!






The things I have learned from that girl!






On Saturday, we visited the Camp Five Lumberjack Museum at Laona, Wisconsin, just about a half an hour from our cabin. Emili was especially enthralled with the blacksmith and his work. He made an Iron "E" for Emili while we watched. I highly recommend visiting this place,



a lot to see, lots of fun, and not at all expensive!





Monday, before we came home, we stopped at the Armstrong Creek Bison Farm. This farm is just a few minutes from our place. We bought some bison patties........to grill ..........not the kind you find on the ground in the pasture......behind the buffalo! I inquired about fiber to spin.......by our next trip north they should have some ready for me. these photos were taken on our last trip north, before the grass dried up






Apple pie making was also on the agenda. I had promised to teach Emili to bake pie before school started this fall. The steps involved surprised me,,, I just do it without thinking,,,,,the phrase "easy as pie" is not exactly true..
.
..
.
The temps were in the 40's at night,,, fall is right around the corner, some trees are turning already , probably because of the dryness.

1 comment:

Lotzastitches said...

What a glorious time you had with your granddaughter!