Thursday, August 2, 2007

Retrospective, Day 3



A small table runner,,, again machine pieced and hand quilted. Coffee stain on the lower right corner.



The blue floral fabric (to the right of the coin) was leftover from some dresses that I made for my twin daughters in 1991. That was the last time that they had matching dresses.....they were bridesmaids. They stopped wearing 'twin clothes" when they were about five years old.





I did not make the Grandma& Grand baby dolls. I bought them at a craft fair shortly after I became a Grandma.... What I DID make is the crocheted bag the doll is holding.












At one of Susan Mcfarland's retreats, I was took part in a class that taught dying with indigo...... a complicated process... not like dying with commercially prepared dyes.

The tiny cotton skein that I dyed became Grandma's bag.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I'd like to try that instant indigo. I got some from Susan but never got the instructions properly assimilated!