Saturday, July 26, 2008

Weeds?


What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered....................Ralph Waldo Emerson


This is a favorite quote of mine, I try to apply it to plants and people. We are all weeds until the good in us is exposed.


Weeds have had their fun this year in our garden. I have not pulled a single weed. No time or inclination. Dave goes nuts occasionally with the weed whacker, lopping the tops off the quack grass on the creek bank, but I have successfully ignored them all.


Something nice happened because of this this neglect. Self seeded morning glories decided to grow in the crack between the curb and the sidewalk, and are now blooming. I love the idea of something beautiful blooming in just a tiny bit if soil in a inhospitable place.


Now, if I can convince Dave to leave them alone when he is weed whacking.







No comments: