Monday, July 28, 2008

some things you don't see everyday


A tiny cemetery surrounded by a corn field
.
.
.
.

Shocks of wheat, or maybe oats

shock
Noun
a number of grain sheaves set on end in a field to dry
Verb
to set up (sheaves) in shocks [probably Germanic]

More shocks

.

.

.

We ordered a new kitchen table, like the one in this photo, only made from hickory, not oak ..

.

.



In Packwaukee, we saw this big machine in the water.

What the machine is for, I don't know, but it certainly smelled bad!


Anyone know about this contraption?

1 comment:

Lynda said...

That lake is really weedy and the machine cuts weeds and pulls them out of the lake. That is a wonderful lake for pan fish. My Aunt Pauline first told me about it and you ALWAYS catch fish there. You make me want to go fishing. What were you doing over there? Oh the table is made by an Amish carpenter isn't it? That is where I got my bentwood rocking chair. Joe had it made for my birthday one year!