Sunday, January 6, 2008

Already 7 days in

This Section written on Sunday



Already seven days into to the new year and no word from me via the blog. I don't know what is wrong , but I can not seem to find anything to write about.



I certainly have lots of things filling my hours these days.... but nothing is exciting or new. I must be in a post-holiday slump....




We took the trees down today. I enjoyed packing away the ornaments as much as
decorating the tree.Getting the tree back in the storage box is less fun. Sorta like stuffing myself into pantyhose. A lot of tugging and grunting.... and duct tape.


Luckily, Dave hauled it into the basement.



This Section written on Monday



In the world of knitting/ fiber, I have a few things to report.



Some of you may know this tiny loom makes little squares. I got the loom at a thrift shop for 25 cents, as you can see by the label.
I also purchased a few squares the previous owner had made, for $2.

Just a few, 576, in all! All colors.



The box has been waiting in my basement for at least 4 years....

I put some together for a funky 60's style scarf. Lots and Lots of squares leftover.......... Any ideas?

A crocheted and felted vessel/bag in progress

Knitted mittens with boucle' cuff

And yet more mittens sewn from recycled wool sweaters..... I made soooooo many of these this season. I still love to make them, the concept of something good from old junk appeals to me.

1 comment:

Lotzastitches said...

Your tree looks like it belongs in an Egyptian museum exhibit.

And what a LOT of squares! Holy cow!