Monday, November 3, 2008

November 3, Small things

Lynda likes to knit small things. Hmmmmmmmm,,,typing that sentence I remember a book I read some years back............ A great book. I recommend it. I may have a copy of it in the basement if I can find it..... you can have it.

Back to Lynda, she has been on a creative roll lately.....she knit the cutest little Alan Dart elf,,, it's smallness is one of the things that makes it so endearing.

Check out her blog to see her Gunnister Bag. It is tiny, too. And gorgeous.

Her fondness of knitting small things is not shared by me.... Oh, don't get me wrong, I love a quick knit project, but not so much the details that go with miniature figures and such. And tiny seaming, ugh..... Lynda does it beautifully.

Today I felted the rug shown on the needles in a recent post.
Nick on the rug before washing
This is how it looked immediately out of the washer

After cutting the steek


Close up of the front

I like the back, too

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I love the colors of your rug! The felting softens them so nicely.
Did you think that the rug knit up quickly?