Friday, February 22, 2008

Hwy 8 & other diversions

It has been noted that I haven't done any writing for a while... that is not exactly true.... I have done a little writing.. I did some work on my book ......... and I did some blogging....I just never got around to posting anything.
So here is the start of a blog post that I did last Sunday......





I have been absent from blogland for sometime. It seemed that the days that were worth writing about were also to busy to write.... and the days when I have time to write, nothing seems interesting...The weather here in Wisconsin is always a subject, but that, too has been the same day after day after day.... snow and cold. I don't remember such a nasty winter in my adult life.


I might be using all this time cooped up indoors to be creative, and do lots of knitting. Am I? No!

I have been preparing for taxes and other dull, but must be done type chores..

I did purchase a new toy... but did not allow myself to take it out the box until the tax prep was finished.

Here is my new felting machine!



Looks like a sewing machine, you say? Look closer, no thread, four barbed needles. No bobbin.

The barbed needles mesh the fabrics together, not for strength, but for embellishment.



I took a test drive with the machine today. We went north on Hwy 8.

State Hwy 8 runs east/west across the northern part of Wisconsin. My sense of direction is good most of the time ,but when on Hwy 8 I feel like I am traveling NORTH.....






That Is it........ that's all I wrote!


What does Hwy 8 have to do with the felting machine and the bag I made??? Any guesses??? There is a correlation.... even if it involves a lot of imagination......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the northern lights on your bag..it is beautiful.
Maybe you test drove Dave's SUV on Hwy 8 for the first time? Just a thought...

MB

chunxue said...

During the pandora sets sale World War II, Art Deco jewellery was
pandora earrings sale a very popular style among women. The females started pandora earrings silver wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And buy pandora earrings such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used discount pandora earrings long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold pandora charms and beads rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead pandora style beads of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry pandora glass beads today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and pandora beads sale triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long lines and curves.One pandora earrings example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco ring.Art Deco rings have sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.