Monday, November 26, 2007

What lurks in my basement?

It's more than normal scary in my basement.


The usual "cellar" things are there, old stuff too precious to throw out, all covered in cobwebs....


Christmas decorations, canning jars, crutches from injuries past... you get the picture.




What makes my basement scary is the amount of "unusual" stuff down there.....Boxes of fur. A roll of fencing wire. Neat stacks of what looks like bandages. It's actually old bedsheets torn into strips and wound up.

Don't ask why. Trinkets and doo dads, too much to explain, or sort.




Once in a while I find something that surprises even me! Today I found this ball of yarn....I have only a vague memory of winding up this ball... About 5 years ago, I knit a Crayon Box jacket...and I think I took all the leftovers and tied them together to make this massive mystery ball. Or not,,, I don't remember, but the suspense is making my fingers itchy to knit... this is a lot of yarn... A big ball. That's a quarter for scale in the first photo....

I am thinking about trying something like this.... Stay tuned...

No comments: