Monday, November 11, 2013

Retirement, or something like it

So many folks ask me, "How do you like retirement?".   I have a stock answer---it is to soon to tell.  Two months is not enough time to make a judgement. I am still in the "OMG, I don't have to go to the shop today" stage.  Years of  having to do something, and now choosing to do something is a real novelty. And doing whatever it is without a deadline. Another novelty. 

German paper stars, so addicting!

Having always been somewhat of a recluse, the lack of socialization has not truly bothered me yet,  and becoming deaf has made personal interaction seem like work at times.  I have found there is so much to do at home, years of neglect, things to catch up on.  I actually enjoyed reorganizing a kitchen drawer. Mopping the floor. Yes, cleaning the basement!  Still not complete, but progressing.


A crazy quilt like Christmas stocking
Speaking of the basement, I have unearthed the workbench where I used to make Santas years ago.. It really was an excavation, piles of junk with an occasional goodie, then more junk...finally a usable workspace.  I have a some new projects in various stages already there, it is so nice to have a dedicated space to work. Not cluttering up the living space in our little house.

This is another project, in the works....more on this in another post



So, I like retirement just fine, so far. Never bored , always busy, but it really is too soon to tell.

No comments: