Monday, October 28, 2013

Two years later...the story continues..............

Two years later, I have decided to blog again.  Why?  I have no idea... seems like the thing to do. well, I have a few ideas, really// To tie up loose ends, to communicate ideas thru blogging.. Verbal communication has become more difficult.. and now that I am no longer in the shop, socializing has changed.  I suppose there are some good reasons.
 
Whats on my mind today? Holiday stuff! Yah, yah, I know it's not even Halloween, but when the mood hits you, you just gotta go with it.
So I got this piece of unfinished embroidery at an estate sale recently.. Exquisitely done, I know I could never match the workmanship, even if I could find some thread to match. So I plan to use it in it's current state. Use it for what? I have no idea.....it's just so pretty.

Maybe just leave it draped over the back of the couch...
Looks nice next to my deer pillow....kind of a Scandinavian look, don't you think?  I never use red in decorating, with the exception of Christmas. I don't even like red... But I like this.
 
 
..
While digging around, I found an unfinished project from at least 15 years ago...I am almost ashamed to post a photo, my skills at rug hooking are so poor....but here it is.
Meant to look like St Nick and a sheep, I think I might trash it, or not....but I have to do something with it. It's now or never.  It's not so much the primitive hooking, it's that the face is so..............I don't even know....cartoonish... UGH...
 
...
Another find while digging around is this velvet skirt just begging to be cut up and made into something gloriously festive.
What will it become?
 
Stand by for further updates.
 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you and I are in the same boat right now! I am guessing that you will be seeing a lot more blog posts from me in the coming weeks and months as well. I do really miss that social aspect of running a business :-(
I am looking forward to all of my projects that have been on hold forever while I ran a business,though! And I think your St. Nick is adorable!

Ginger said...

Great news! I bet that embroidery would make a beautiful holiday purse! I really miss your smiling face every week at the store, but this will be fun, too!

Mary Jo said...

Im thinking you could frame that beautiful embroidered piece. You could make it so that the framed item could be interchanged seasonally. That way you can rotate some of your treasures.

Kay said...

This a grat idea. Blogging again. Isn't is fun finding and digging around after your retired I have been doing that for 10 months now and have created fun this to do. I have come accross some crewel work and I this that I will share them on facebook.I can't beleive what I created with my needles may they be with thread or yarn. Imiss conversation and may smiles you have for us. Kay

JANYCE said...

So happy to see you blogging again. I did rug hooking for a while. Just like you I have tried just about every kind of craft. Still have all the equipment, thinking I will do it again. Retired 3 1/2 years, HA!!!!! However the only tip I could give is try more muted colors for his eyes and mouth. I was always unhappy wiyh bright colors.

Marybett54@yahoo.com said...

I loved all the ideas. Great to get others input. Inspirational.

Anonymous said...

I remember the rug hook dude. Pretty cool. U could do something cool with that. Keep cleaning out the basement! Glad ur blogging again.