Friday, September 11, 2009

Spending time doing nothing

Recovering from surgery is often considered a time to take it easy, rest, and heal. I have been doing these things, but it seems I have been as busy as ever. Busy with good things that I often don't have much time for while I am working....
In no particular order........................................................ I have been knitting a blanket, using Noro Silk garden in several different colorways....mostly simple knitting using short rows for shaping the swirls
We spent Labor Day weekend at the cabin... I sat on the porch and enjoyed the quiet of the woods.


We took a day trip to Kohler Andre State Park to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary on the 3rd of September.


Our feet in the sand of Lake Michigan



Visited with my grandchildren while their mother..............................


cleaned my bathroom!
I have been going to therapy and doing my exercises, and results are showing. I have good motion in my knee, so I have permission to drive again.... Driving tires me, but the idea of being able to hop in the car and go is nice. Independence and all.
I have been back to the pool, and that is another pleasure.
I have been reading lots of books and I watched the entire first season of The Tudors series.
My art journal is expanding...I try to do a little drawing or something every day.
Today I worked at the shop for a few hours, then Dave took me out to lunch at the new Mexican restaurant that is down the street from the shop. I had the fish tacos.....yummy!

The down side is that I have not been sleeping very well....but I am sure that will get better with time.
I am looking forward to a quiet weekend at home coming up....and Emili's birthday is tomorrow. So hard to believe she is 9 years old! The year she was born it was COLD, so cold we had the furnace running...not this year.....the weather has been beautiful lately...and that makes my recovery time on the porch pleasant.



1 comment:

Lotzastitches said...

Love the feet in the sand picture!

Hope your recovery continues on a fast track.